Yoga for the People is proud to partner with many yoga and wellness studios across town! There are many ways that you, as a studio owner, can help us fulfill our mission, and we offer services just for you and your instructors. Our education sessions qualify for yoga teacher training and/or continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance.
- Educational sessions on working with special populations including at risk youth, seniors, people with disabilities, survivors of trauma or abuse, people struggling with addiction. We know these students are in studio classes every day, and we can help you create strategies that integrate in an all levels class or other setting to support their needs in a sensitive way that honors and empowers EVERY member of the class.
- Karma yoga presentations based on the Bhagavad Gita and other classical yoga texts. Incorporate the element of seva, selfless service, into your yoga teacher training program and studio culture for existing teachers.
- A place for new or growing teachers to practice assisting, leading a meditation or teaching. Teacher trainees are paired with insured, qualified instructors in a community setting.
- Free calendar postings to reach out to the community and share your free, donation based or $5 community classes with the broader community to introduce new students to your studio.
In addition, many Denver area studios and teachers have helped us in the past. Here are a few ways you can get involved!
- Make a financial contribution to our program to allow communities in need to access the gift of yoga.
- Donate gently used mats and props for use at our sites across town in partnership with health and human service providers.
- Host a fundraising event, mat drive or other event to benefit Yoga for the People – you can even chose a site to adopt from those we are working with!
- Adopt a site as a studio and staff it with volunteers from your teaching team, to build your community and have a common staff experience.
- Engage your members – offer monthly recurring members the option to donate an extra $1-5 per month to Yoga for the People through their membership with your studio, talk about us in your newsletter, spread the word!
- Host Yoga for the People for a volunteer training or other event at your studio.
- And many of the best ideas come from studios themselves; What can you dream up? We’d love to hear from you!
If you are interested in an education session for your teachers or getting involved with Yoga for the People, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s start a conversation! We look forward to working with you. Namaste.