We are always looking for volunteer teachers to teach or co-teach at our program sites! Below are open sites and sub opportunities, beginning in January, 2013. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in a site!
- Bright Stars Head Start Center
- Rainbow Head Start Preschool
- Lansing Elementary School
Teachers must be certified as a yoga instructor, carry teacher’s insurance, and in general, commit to a minimum of six weeks of programming. All teachers must undergo volunteer training with Yoga for the People. There are opportunities to lead meditations or workshops, assist in a class or otherwise be involved if you do not yet fit these requirements. We team teach most sites, so that volunteers have a peer group for teaching support during the program when subs, ideas, and emotional support are needed.
All teaching positions are currently volunteer positions at this time. We strive to offer benefits to support you in your efforts to teach in a community setting beyond financial return including:
- A community of service-oriented teachers to learn and grow with in a team teaching environment
- Training to prepare you for working with a variety of special populations based on your interests, such as trauma survivors, children, people with a disability, veterans, people with chronic mental or physical health issues, people recovering from addiction, resettled refugees, Spanish-speaking families and other unique individuals
- Continuing education to support your growth as a practitioner and teacher of yoga, and a scholarship program to assist you with trainings at other studios and programs
- Internship and apprenticeship opportunities for new teachers through partnerships with a variety of Yoga Teacher Training programs in the Denver Metro Area
- In addition to your personal insurance, our organization covers you with our $1 million liability policy, which allows to teach in large organizations like hospitals, schools, universities, public/affordable housing and other sites you would not be able to teach at with just an individual policy
Next YFP Volunteer Training: Please check back after the first of the year for 2013 training dates!
Suggested donation of $50, appreciated, never required. Donations assist us in providing yoga services for communities in need and education and training to support our volunteer base.
YFP is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and donations are tax-deductible. Please click here to make a secure online donation to Yoga for the People via Paypal.